Theological Horizons centered at the Bonhoeffer House is a non-profit ministry in Charlottesville, Virginia. We provide a welcoming community for students and community members to engage in conversations at the intersection of faith, thought, and life, and we rely on Christian tradition to guide our conversations as we navigate together life’s deeper questions.
We are seeking to hire a part-time, 25/hr a week, Manager of Ministry Operations who will report to the Executive Director with primary responsibility to ensure the proper functioning and development of TH systems, ministry programs, and personnel.
● Excellent organizational and project management skills
● Familiarity with essential operational systems and technologies
● Strong communication skills and the ability to help strategically offer our resources to our various constituents
● Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work well independently and with a team
● Relationally mature and aligned with Theological Horizons mission
● 3-5 years experience in the non-profit or corporate sector
● Manage the organization's bookkeeping and financial reporting in coordination with the Executive Director and accounting staff (must have proficiency with Quickbooks Online)
● Develop and manage human resources processes, systems, and personnel files
● Develop and manage the organization's alumni engagement strategy including maintenance and development of alumni contact lists, regular communication, special events, etc.
● Coordinate and manage all internal staff communication in support of the Executive Director including scheduling and running regular staff meetings, central calendar, program updates, etc.
● Develop and manage a system for tracking programs within a master calendar as well as any necessary benchmarks or reporting
● Manage the preparation and filing of all necessary governance documents including state and federal tax forms (accountant to complete), annual state and federal solicitation filings, etc.
● Maintain and develop master contact list for key constituencies for the purposes of development, communication, and engagement
● Track and manage grant program reporting including financial reporting.
● Support development efforts such as tracking development activities and dates on master calendar, maintaining and updating contacts in Little Green Light, maintaining and developing donor and prospect lists, etc.
● Support regular Board communication in coordination with the Executive Director
● Provide support for the website in coordination with the Associate Director
● Provide scheduling and/or travel and logistical support for the Executive Director as needed.
25 hours per week
$22.00 per hour
Retirement benefit: 10% of salary to a SEP IRA after 3 years of employment
We will accept applications until the position is filled but will give priority to those received by June 1st.
To apply: email cover letter and resume (including 3 professional references) with the subject line “Manager of Ministry Operations” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted May 18, 2018