Julie's recent facebook picture shows her in cap and gown, surrounded by orange balloons and jubilant friends. She is one who can proudly say, 'I have worn the honors of honor, I graduated from Virginia.' Commerce degree in hand, Julie has already jumped into her next adventures--a new city, a new career, new relationships--and she's experiencing both the promise and trepidation that transitions brings.
As Julie steps out into all that comes next, she holds fast to reminders of God's accompanying presence. If you, too, are in transition...here is your list of Things To Remember!
- God has shaped me for this. He has molded me and prepared me just for this journey ahead. Not only has He prepared me, but He has gone before me, paving a way, carving a path for me.
- God wants me here. Today. Now. In this moment. He led me here and He has a plan. I need only trust He knows better than I.
- There is no fear in perfect love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made in perfect love. I love because He first loved me. (I John 4:18)
- I am not defined by anything but God's love. His glorious, merciful, and abundant love overcomes the world. (John 16:33)
- God gives peace. He gives unsurpassed peace that is powerful and mysterious. He gives me the Holy Spirit to accompany me in every moment, to calm my anxieties, to bring me into His presence. God will not forsake me.